Meadow Park Rehabilitation and Health Care Center's therapeutic recreation department offers a variety of individual and group activities, which include providing for the resident’s personal values, beliefs, and cultural and spiritual preferences. Our programs incorporate activities for verbal, sensory, tactile, physical and cognitive stimulation. Residents are encouraged to actively participate in scheduled activities on the unit, but also are provided with the opportunity and tools necessary to pursue independent leisure pursuits of interest and choice.
What we offer
- Monthly calendar in each resident's room
- Recreation activities during evenings and weekends hours in addition to regular daily programs
- Quarterly facility newsletter
- Monthly resident council meeting
- Weekly religious services
- Monthly birthday party and entertainment
- Seasonal ice cream social and BBQ
- Weekly visits from community schools
- Summer youth working program (through the Hanac organization) program
- Regular beautician services available
- Off-site trips and excursions.
- On unit video games